Remembering Charlie Kirk

Next Thursday is the first anniversary of Charlie Kirk’s death. I don’t know that I ever encountered any Charlie Kirk videos. His reputation was so repugnant, I had no more curiosity to see him as I have to read Mein Kampf.

“In one 2023 tweet, Kirk managed to simultaneously defend South Africa’s apartheid regime, the racist “Great Replacement” conspiracy theory, and even the internet code for “Heil Hitler.” 

 

“Multiculturalism is un-American,” Kirk wrote in another screed, adding, “If you don’t assimilate you are disgracing this country and you can kindly leave.”

 

“Another lowlight was this bit of anti-trans paranoia that feels like a bigoted fever dream take on the “Ghost In The Shell” anime franchise.  

 

“The Trans Agenda is being used to condition people to eventually merge with machine and abandon their humanity,” Kirk wrote.”

 

My reaction to Kirk’s death called to mind Clarance Darrow: “I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction.”

 

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/the-weekender/prepare-for-a-uniquely-cursed-week-in-american-politics

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tesla robotaxis aren’t coming any time soon

Yes, the CDC can change its mind

Climate change: what will it take to avoid the worst?