KDHX RIP

I started listening to KDHX, the St. Louis community radio station, shortly after it went on the air in 1987. I was a devoted listener and contributor since then, and even continued a $15 monthly automatic contribution after we moved to RI. But then the firings started, and I stopped my contributions. Now, apparently, it's gotten much worse. And all the DJs fired are volunteers, so no money is being saved.

KDHX had musical diversity (OK, no classical) and there are many LPs and CDs that I own because of something I heard on KDHX. There were also no commercials. KDHX was something unique and good in St. Louis, and now the management is in the process of destroying it. Shame.

https://www.stltoday.com/life-entertainment/local/music/st-louis-radio-station-kdhx-fires-10-more-volunteer-djs/article_d3bb9ff8-597a-11ee-b5f0-8759176f961f.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial