free sugars and heart disease

 I stopped eating dessert a couple decades ago, and I rarely nosh between meals. I don't drink soda. I drink my coffee black and my tea with no sugar.

One result is that I notice how sweet commercially prepared foods (salad dressing, pasta sauce) are. Some of that is owing to the widespread use of high fructose corn syrup (which is bad for you for other reasons), but I try to avoid the ones that taste sweet to me.

A recent study implicates free sugar in cardiovascular disease--heart attack and stroke--risk. So even if you're not diabetic or overweight, you will be healthier if you avoid free sugar.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/14/health/added-free-sugars-cardiovascular-disease-risk-wellness/index.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial