Merrick Garland and Trump


Like many patriotic Americans, I've been frustrated that the DOJ hasn't indicted Trump for promoting the violent invasion and occupation of the Capitol and attempt to overturn the 2020 election. Obviously, I don't know what's in Garland's head, but he has a history of caution and deliberation. I'm sure he knows, too, that if Trump is exonerated in a trial, it will only strengthen him and his apologists by (in their minds) validating their sense of grievance and persecution. So I have to hope that Garland is weighing the alternatives, knowing that the consequences of failure to convict will be worse than the consequences of failure to indict.

https://www.juancole.com/2022/07/smoking-indict-trump.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial