Get Back


I have watched a few minutes from the Beatles flick "Get Back" and listened to a few more minutes of soundtrack. Meh.
I was a Beatles fan in the early '60s when I was a kid and so were they. I saw Help! and Yellow Submarine when they came out, and was impressed. But I gradually lost interest. In college, I bought a copy of the Let It Be LP off a cut-out rack and I got a CD of Sgt. Pepper for my 40th birthday. I just learned that Phil Spector produced Long And Winding Road, and now I understand why it's so twee.
Look, I won't debate taste in books, wine or music, all topics that I have a lot of experience with and know more than the average American about. But as far as the Beatles go, I don't regard them as some sort of apotheosis of musical achievement, and Glenn Gould agrees with me. For what that's worth. Glenn Gould is dead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial