Can Republicans ever change their minds?

 As a research scientist for nearly my entire adult life, I've made a career of critical evaluation of evidence and data. When the facts change, I change my mind. Not so with most of the Republican Party. And Trump knows this, so he just follows the practices pioneered by Stalin and Hitler: the big lie. Rely on peoples' intellectual laziness and tendency to default to arguments from authority, because arguments from evidence are hard.

Here's a well-intentioned suggestion for how to insinuate facts and evidence into political discourse in the hope that there are some Trump supporters who actually care about them. Color me skeptical.
"This is why I favor a sort of “Fact of the Day” approach to this. That is, short blurbs that simply display something in the news without reference to anything Trump has said." https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2020/08/fact-of-the-day-manufacturing-as-a-of-the-workforce-1985-2020/?fbclid=IwAR1ReDMf0d5wReTlZDEmTvX6Z7y4JA9n6xPXEfe40zc-1ieVG40B_Roy4CE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial