Why I left Facebook

I've been blocked on Facebook four times in the last 12 months, but two of those times were in the past week. As I write this, I'm blocked for another two days for posting the following:

"Because Americans mistakenly believe we have the best health care in the world. We don't. And it costs twice as much per capita as any other industrialized nation. Americans are numerically illiterate."
This was flagged by a FB moderator as hate speech. This and all the other cases involved a political statement that could be viewed as critical of the GOP, a GOP troll on a comment thread, or a policy favored by the GOP. There are plenty of comments on FB that are far more hate-filled than my posts that go unaffected.

I have concluded that I'm being bullied by a FB stalker.

I've enjoyed the ten years or so on FB and would have stayed if I weren't being harassed.

So I'm moving up from facebook with this blog.

Comments

  1. Feel free to use the comment function, as long as you're not a bot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just reposted your comment - wonder if it will get me blocked!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial