Geriatric government

Look, I'm no spring chicken, but I'm way younger than Mitch McConnell, Diane Feinstein, Joe Biden and Donald Trump. I think the odds are pretty poor for McConnell to finish his term as Senate minority leader after what appear to be several TIAs. Diane Feinstein should have stepped down years ago. Joe Biden is still spry at 80. While I think he's been a good president, I wish the party had someone about 30 years younger to run in 2024. As for Trump, he may be dementing but how would you know?

Putin is 70. Netanyahu is 73. Xi Jinping is 70. The good news is that most of these folks will probably not be in power in ten years. But ossified leadership can do a lot of damage in ten years, particularly when the existential threat of our time--global warming--is not being treated seriously.

One benefit to being a geezer is that I won't be around to experience the suffering of humanity by 2050. The bad news is that many of the world's leaders won't either and don't care what happens when they leave the scene. We need a younger generation that's invested in the future. I tremble for our children and grandchildren. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial