Church

I was raised Roman Catholic. Weekly church attendance is required in the RCC, as are certain holy days of obligation, like Christmas and Good Friday. I had an English teacher in high school who went to mass every day, as did my former chairman.

How many Americans actually go to church every week? My favorite blogger has posted the data, based on cell phone tracking. The result wasn't surprising to me. What was remarkable, in a comical way, is the gulf between how many people *say* they attend church weekly and how many verifiably do.*

"A quarter of Americans say they attend church weekly, but in reality fewer than 3% of them do. That's about 8 million regular weekly churchgoers.

"That's . . . not very many."

*note that the cell phone chart ends in Feb 2020, before the COVID-19 pandemic began.

https://jabberwocking.com/how-many-people-really-attend-church/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial