Child labor

When I was a kid, my parents paid me an allowance. In exchange, I was tasked with some domestic chores. In the summer, that included yard work. This arrangement taught me the rudiments of managing money and the relationship between work and money was transparent. Parents should be free to inculcate the value of work in their children. But that doesn't imply drafting businesses in doing the work of parents for them. Want your children to work? Give them jobs to do. Want your children to subsidize your family budget by taking jobs outside the home? Now you're no longer talking about parental responsibility, you're exploiting society, and at that point, society has every right to impose criteria and limitations.


https://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/are-new-conservative-push-to-weaken-child-labor-protections-is-gaining-steam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial