Careful what you ask for

Several years ago, I got my genome sequenced at 30-50 fold coverage. For the base price of $199, I got a report that included ancestry and held no surprises. For an additional $100, I got my variant call file, and a friend annotated it, so now I can search for any variants associated with disease risk. Again, so far no surprises.

The most common surprise people encounter with personal genomics is the discovery that their custodial father isn't their biological father. Depending on the population, this can be 2-5% of the time. Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answers to, peeps!

https://www.iflscience.com/woman-discovers-father-parents-fertility-doctor-through-ancestry-dna-test-47008?fbclid=IwAR0gg67IgO18IstJNhf9N5xN7xTib7h9Vy3tptVEG9j3j7IN99OzL2bjhQw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial