Confirmation bias and conservatives

I'm a scientist. My professional success has always relied on distinguishing between information that is useful as a guide to action vs BS. I've been very successful as a scientist because my crap detector has been well-tuned.

The internet is a great resource if you have a good crap detector. If you don't, you'll fall for anything.

"Conservatives don't get passively fed misinformation. They choose it, eyes wide open. They want to believe lies and conspiracy theories from people like Donald Trump, and after they "do their research" the comforting lies are all that's left.

"But what is it that makes the endless lies so comforting?"

https://jabberwocking.com/conservatives-actively-want-to-believe-only-lies/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial