Atrios asks the questions on my mind

"One thing that slowly changed over my lifetime is that knocking on a stranger's door has become increasingly taboo. Impolite, at least. It isn't that I remember a time of a non-stop parade of strangers knocking on the door, but it was a perfectly normal thing when it happened. Someone walking up the driveway wasn't threatening. Certainly pulling into a someone's drive to make a "u-turn" was standard practice.

"Of course it's obscene that anyone is inspired to pull out a gun and start shooting over these things, but how did "someone at my door or in my driveway" start being seen as intrusive behavior at all?

"I mean, people shouldn't be pulling out guns and shooting at every perceived threat, but how did these things start being seen as perceived threats?"

https://www.eschatonblog.com/2023/04/what-is-happening.html 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial