The GOP grievance machine has a new target.



The gummit is taking your light bulbs. The gummit is taking your toilets. The gummit is taking all your gunz. I guess the fundraising letters need a new bogey, and now they have it: gas stoves.

Nobody is going to take your gas stove, the GOP just wants you to believe they are so you'll donate money in the name of this latest fake crusade.

I've never owned a gun and will never own a gun. And I've never needed a gun. I've needed a stove (and oven) in my kitchen for as long as I have lived in an apartment or house. When we moved into The Little House On The Prairie, it had an electric stove and oven with a ceramic cooktop. I hated the cooktop: it took too long to heat up and cool off, and it was tedious to control. When the elements started to fail, we replaced it with gas, which I love to cook with. On top of that, electric in St. Louis comes mostly from coal, and gas is cleaner than coal. And at the time, gas was cheaper than electric. No regrets.

Our house in Rhode Island has electric range and oven, with a glass cooktop. I still hate it. But I'm not paying to replace a new range--we're paying for so many other things in this house already. But I don't blame anyone for wanting a gas stove. I do blame the GOP for lying about them for cynical political reasons.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/gas-stoves-are-officially-political-add-it-to-the-list-yall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial