A stopped clock



Over at the National Review, Charles Cooke finally gets around to acknowledging what many of us have known for years:

"National Review senior writer Charles C.W. Cooke said Donald Trump’s rambling posts on his flailing Truth Social platform show his “deterioration” on “full display.”

"In a column posted on Wednesday titled “Trump Has Completely Lost His Grip on Reality,” Cook wrote that the former president is “ranting like a deranged hobo in a dilapidated public park” with his messages."

I actually clicked through and read the Cooke column, the first NR column I've read in years (did I mention that I seldom read fiction?) and was surprised to find the National Buckley repudiating a right-wing nutjob, something they haven't done, to my knowledge, since Buckley orchestrated the divorce between the GOP and the John Birch Society.

Yes, I know this is just part of the NR pivot from Trump to DiSantis (who if anything is worse, only because he's slightly more lucid). But I won't deny myself a little epicaricacy in seeing one of the GOP's propaganda rags finally admit they backed a lunatic.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/charles-cooke-deranged-hobo-trump_n_63d22e28e4b01a43638be4e4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial