Amazing things that I’m glad I got to live to see


This Thanksgiving Day holiday for us was dominated by young people (disclaimer: I was the oldest of all). It got me to thinking how much the world has changed since I was last the age of some of these people.
One of the benefits of a long life is that you get to see how stories that began when you were young play out decades later. The boundaries between interesting, surprising and amazing are indistinct and ultimately personal, so you may have a different list depending on what your expectations were. Here’s my list of things I didn't think I'd live to see, assembled over the space of about ten minutes:
Humans walk on the moon
Human genome sequenced
Black holes discovered
The internet
Fall of the Soviet Union
Gay marriage legalized
A Black president

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial