Death penalty



I've changed my mind about lots of things in my life. One of them is capital punishment. I took a couple of religious studies classes in college from Charlie Reynolds. In one class, Dr. Reynolds said he was opposed to the death penalty because he believed it was immoral/unethical to kill an unarmed person. That was the moment of my conversion.

Reading where Nikolas Cruz was sentenced to life in prison without parole for his horrific crime. Whether or not a lifetime in an American prison is worse than death is a separate issue. Since a death penalty verdict must be unanimous, there may have only been one juror who did the morally correct thing, but I'm glad of the outcome. YMMV.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/nikolas-cruz-sentencing-decision/index.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial