Elvis


I first learned about Steve Pick from his concert reviews in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, back when it was a real newspaper. I didn't attend many concerts, but I always looked forward to reading his reviews the way I looked forward to Pauline Kael's film reviews in the New Yorker, even though I rarely watched movies.
Steve is now blogging on substack. Here's his take on an Elvis film I haven't seen. While Elvis was certainly part of the soundscape of my youth (he died during my honeymoon), I was never a fan. But Steve is, and he helps us understand why. I recommend this review, whether or not you see the film.

https://stevepick.substack.com/p/elvis?utm_source=facebook&sd=pf&fbclid=IwAR0sfzh3Zc2h_subTTNDGf3C1JTpFIpgzi9C1xS6pBHfJZ14uJam_zkm0D4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial