Gold mine or rabbit hole?


Mike Pence was hardly a profile in courage during most of the Trump administration, but I knew he played an essential role in thwarting the 6 January plot by Trump and the Trump cult terrorists to hijack the Constitutional vote counting process.
But I was today years old when I learned this:
“We’ve known for some time that Pence was asked repeatedly to get into a protected vehicle to evacuate the Capitol building on Jan. 6, with his security detail more aggressively pressing the Veep to flee after the mob of protesters breached the building with their ire directed at Pence. The Washington Post’s Philip Rucker and Carol Leonnig revealed the details of the scene last summer when the Post published excerpts of their then-new book, “I Alone Can Fix It.”
Despite the Secret Service’s urging, Pence told his top security detail after being taken to a parking garage below the Capitol building, “I’m not getting in the car.”
This is the full quote: “I’m not getting in the car, Tim,” Pence said, addressing Tim Giebels, the lead agent in charge of his protective detail. “I trust you, Tim, but you’re not driving the car. If I get in that vehicle, you guys are taking off. I’m not getting in the car.””
And if Pence were absent, the door would have been open to a coup directed by the president against the vice president and Congress. https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/raskin-pence-car-jan-6-committee-coup?fbclid=IwAR3WjLR6UwYHLp1ATMcfs7zqlcefIMXxPNZZOnDWhjKd0CciWX1UE40hj3Y

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial