Organ transplant policy


There are always more people awaiting organs than there are donors. Until the technologies for xenotransplantation and/or 3D printed organs are perfected, triage will be the rule. Good to see some policy changes have improved prospects for the most desperate.
A few years ago, a gastroenterologist friend told me that alcoholic patients are often denied liver transplants. While I understand the reasoning, I'm glad I don't have to make decisions like that.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/second-opinions/97613?xid=nl_mpt_DHE_2022-03-12&eun=g1700464d0r&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily%20Headlines%20Morning%20%202022-03-12&utm_term=NL_Daily_DHE_dual-gmail-definition_Morning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial