Will Russia invade Ukraine?


A flood of clickbait has appeared with speculations on Putin's intentions in Ukraine. I've stopped reading the MSM stuff because nothing has changed in the last several months. While a Russian invasion might still happen, I see no evidence that Putin wants to incorporate Ukraine into the Russian Federation like he did Crimea. Russia has a third world economy and is ruled by an oligarchy, not a military dictatorship.
Here's a good think piece about the current state of play. I shuddered when I read that the UK and Poland had formed a mutual defense pact with Ukraine, since I recall that the defense pact between Poland and the UK is what launched WWII. Anyway, as the kids say, read the whole thing: https://www.juancole.com/2022/02/imminent-invasion-ukraine.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial