On twitter and FB


A contributor over at angrybear blog posts:
"I am temporarily banned by Twitter for “Violating our rules against hateful conduct.” because of the attached tweet. I don’t know if “all men must die” was interpreted as a threat rather than a simple statement of fact by the algorithm or if calling deontological reasoning confused or fanatical was considered hate speach [sic]."
I started this blog after having been put in FB jail for similarly silly reasons. Once I was blocked for a week for observing that "Americans are innumerate." It turns out that, according to FB community standards, “Americans” are a protected group and “innumerate” is hate speech. Who knew?
I'm glad that twitter and FB are policing their platforms for hate speech. But for some reason, they allow right-wing hate speech (pace Trump and MTG) while assiduously censoring liberal speech.
I'm not on twitter. I suspect that my problems on FB were because my posts were reported by a right-wing FB "friend." After the last stint in FB jail, I unfriended a couple of suspects and haven't been arrested since.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tesla robotaxis aren’t coming any time soon

Yes, the CDC can change its mind

About that Trump lawsuit