On twitter and FB


A contributor over at angrybear blog posts:
"I am temporarily banned by Twitter for “Violating our rules against hateful conduct.” because of the attached tweet. I don’t know if “all men must die” was interpreted as a threat rather than a simple statement of fact by the algorithm or if calling deontological reasoning confused or fanatical was considered hate speach [sic]."
I started this blog after having been put in FB jail for similarly silly reasons. Once I was blocked for a week for observing that "Americans are innumerate." It turns out that, according to FB community standards, “Americans” are a protected group and “innumerate” is hate speech. Who knew?
I'm glad that twitter and FB are policing their platforms for hate speech. But for some reason, they allow right-wing hate speech (pace Trump and MTG) while assiduously censoring liberal speech.
I'm not on twitter. I suspect that my problems on FB were because my posts were reported by a right-wing FB "friend." After the last stint in FB jail, I unfriended a couple of suspects and haven't been arrested since.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial