Guns at home


When I was growing up, my dad had a .32 semi-automatic pistol. He didn't lock it up, but he kept it unloaded and separate from the ammo. After moving to upstate NY, he traded it for a spud gun, which is larger caliber, but muzzle loaded.
When my mom started spending time at their rural NY house, she bought a shotgun. They kept it, unloaded and in a fiberglass case, until they moved to a senior community.
We've never had a firearm in our house. I've never regretted that decision. When I was in college, I went deer hunting with a 12 gauge rifle. While I practiced firing it, and several other firearms, at the Knoxpatch city dump, I never fired it at any animals.
The data show that homes with guns have a higher probability of homicide and suicide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tesla robotaxis aren’t coming any time soon

Yes, the CDC can change its mind

On the meanings of the word "Christian"