Boomer Jeremiah

 As a boomer, I grew up in a world that seemed to promise endless growth without cost. By the time I got to college, I learned that growth would not be endless and the cost was outrunning the benefits. That was before I understood global warming.

With every passing day, we’re confronted with the reality that growth, to which capitalist economies are addicted, cannot continue. Worse, human ignorance of this reality will cost millions, if not billions of human lives, and is driving the next major planetary extinction.
At this point, there’s nothing to prevent the horror that awaits our species, unless we can adapt carbon capture and/or geoengineering technology on a global scale.
No “God” will save us. The climate change denialists are just lying humanity into oblivion. I’ll likely be dead by 2050. It is our children and grandchildren who will pay the cost of humanity’s indifference. I don’t say “ignorance,” because we have known enough to know and do better for decades. https://www.juancole.com/2021/07/delusion-infinite-economic.html?fbclid=IwAR3yrveyIGpeTgnBkkF1ODR2ERj0SNp-wVjh6mqa6dl9BOusnqSJWZpkRl8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial