About those SARS-CoV-2 variants

 For the unvaccinated, the SARS-CoV-2 variants popping up in England, India and elsewhere are a grave concern. They seem to be more contagious and cause more serious disease than the first strains to make it out of China. But what about those of us who are vaccinated? Well, the latest story seems to be that, while some of these variants are somewhat less sensitive to antibodies raised by current vaccines, the level of protection seems sufficient.

The next-gen mRNA vaccines are already being developed by Pfizer and Moderna. Since I was fully vaccinated eight months ago, I'm interested in getting a booster later this year, but since I'm in the Moderna Phase III trial, I don't know if I can do that and stay in the trial.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01222-5?WT.ec_id=NATURE-20210520&utm_source=nature_etoc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20210520&sap-outbound-id=3D2DBCD742587E98A96FCC3BC213E225BD60CBDB&fbclid=IwAR0HrSY1tWKRhOnj53CwuU-AI6Bt5Tvh8COAzcguYkk4i8HjXJkY-5uywn0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial