Fibonacci birthdays

 I have for years advocated celebrating only those birthdays in the Fibonacci series. To recap, you get 1,2 and 3, before you have to skip one to get to 5 (first taste of anticipation, deferred gratification). Then 8. Then 13, which is the first teenage birthday and the age of Bar Mitzvah. Then, 21, which is the age of majority when you get all the adult things you’ve waited your whole life for. After that, it’s only 34, 55 and 89, but after 21, there’s no reason to hurry getting older and you can focus on all the other interesting and personal benchmarks of maturity.

I’m still a long ways out from my next Fibonacci birthday, but Linda pointed out this link, which endorses the Fibonacci birthday thinking. I don’t know about the “golden age” stuff at the end, though. I figure it’s up to me to make the years that remain as “golden” as chance, experience and maturity allow.
Carpe diem! https://medium.com/@craigscott39/the-fibonacci-birthday-bedd29362a4c

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial