COVID-19 and the White House

 I awoke this morning to the news that Trump has tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 and will quarantine. I don't know what to make of this. Trump has told tens of thousands of lies since inauguration, so this could just be another lie. It would be a facile excuse to cancel the debates. On the other hand, his rallies are his lifeblood and quarantine would require him to cancel rallies for the next two weeks, a month before the election. It seems implausible to me that Trump would give up two weeks of in-person rallies just to avoid further debates. 

So this is where we are. His age and obesity place him at high risk for pathology, and even "mild" cases of COVID-19 can leave victims will long-term health problems. If Trump goes back on the trail within the two-week quarantine period, I'll call this a hoax. If he stays in the WH for the next two weeks, I'll believe it's real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial