Libraries FTW

I'm on my second e-reader. I had a Kindle for years, and read a few dozen books on it. But I couldn't read it in the dark, so now I have a lighted Samsung e-reader.

The manufacture of e-readers has an environmental footprint. How does it stack up against dead tree readers?

"A single e-reader’s total carbon footprint is approximately 168kg, and for a book, this figure is somewhere in the range of 7.5kg; the book’s length and type can lead this figure to vary.1 Using an average of 7.5kg, we can conclude it would take reading about 22-23 books on an e-reader to reach a level in which the environmental impact is the same as if those books had been read in print."

https://theecoguide.org/books-vs-ebooks-protect-environment-simple-decision


Of course, the most environmentally friendly choice is a library book!

Comments

  1. Good thing I have read probably a couple of hundred books on my kindle which means my environmental impact is better with me reading on my kindle than reading paper books. Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a few dozen. I gave away the old Kindle, with most of the ebooks, so I can't go back and check. I'm currently reading on my Samsung tablet.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two sides

Is Joe Biden too old?

My 9/11 memorial